Wednesday, June 20, 2012

  Welcome to the first ever blog from Trinity Lutheran Church.  I thought to kick this off I would share a part of God's Word that has touched my life ever since I first heard it's words.  Back when Stephanie and I first visited Trinity on May 24th 2008, the fellowship hall was still under construction.  The walls were up but no carpeting was put down.  This allowed someone to come up with a great idea; write Bible verses on that concrete before the carpet went down.  For me I wrote the words of Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the Gospel for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes."  Those words are written on the foundation in our fellowship hall and they are written on my heart as a foundation for ministry.  I first heard those words in 8th grade as my pastor gave them to me as my confirmation verse.  He believed I would go on one day to become a pastor and I guess he was right!  These words remind me of what's at the heart of ministry and life; it's the Gospel.  God entering the world, Jesus suffering and dying for us, Christ risen from the dead and promising resurrection to our bodies and our lives.  There's nothing to be ashamed of there.  That is God's action for us.  That is Him giving us life and that is what I hope will continue to shape me each day.  But what about you?  What is that verse or account from scripture that really brings it all home, challenges, and uplifts you?

1 comment:

  1. First comment on this blog.

    Romans 1:16 has been strong in my life lately, not as a reminder that I shouldn't be ashamed of speaking the truth, but as a reminder that the Gospel is the power for salvation. I don't need to worry about well I defend the Gospel in conversation with non-believer, I just need to share it, because the message itself is the power of God for salvation, not arguments in defense of the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete