Friday, June 29, 2012

  Do you believe in change?  One of the things I love the best about being a pastor are the stories about change occurring in the lives because of God's Word.  I was thankful today to hear one such story about a gentleman who was recently baptized and has really begun to see his life turn around.  He had never known much if anything about God and now He is studying the Word.  He had been estranged from family but now is working to make amends.  It had been a long time since he experienced the love and acceptance of others but now is finding that joy within the church.  Is he perfect at all of these things?  Of course not, but there's no doubt that God's Word has power to change people and it's awesome to hear about it and witness it first hand.
  Sometimes it's hard to really believe that.  I know people who claim that people never change!  They believe that once someone gets stuck in a behavior, an attitude, or a lifestyle they will never move away from it.  Honestly it's pretty easy to take that cynical attitude at times.  I can think of moments where I have felt that way.  Then God comes along and shows me different.  He opens my eyes to see the person whose life is taking a different turn because of the Gospel.  He opens my ears to hear His word and see change in my own life.  His word never returns to Him void.  You can't be cynical when it comes to this God; you have to believe in change! Have you experienced the same?  Can you think of a time when the Word of God really changed a life (perhaps even your own)?  Share your thoughts below...

No comments:

Post a Comment